Join Our Team
Paséa Hotel & Spa is seeking an enthusiastic, resourceful, and dynamic hospitality individual to join our team as a Room Attendant!
Named one of the "Best New U.S. Coastal Hotels" by Condé Nast Traveler, the oceanfront Paséa Hotel & Spa is a modern oasis with an unrivaled sense of clean, coastal style and comfort. Located in the heart of the vibrant and emerging Huntington Beach community and just steps from the city's iconic pier on USA Today's number one beach in California, Paséa Hotel & Spa provides the perfect beach-goers escape. Discerning world travelers will be welcomed with spacious guest rooms and suites, almost all with ocean views, a celebrated signature restaurant featuring a wood-fired grill, a chic rooftop lounge with panoramic ocean views, an oceanfront pool experience with cabanas and poolside service, and a rejuvenating Balinese-inspired spa. Come join one of the most dynamic teams in Orange County.
Are you a fast thinking individual that meets challenges with enthusiasm and urgency in a fast-paced hospitality environment? Do you take pride in your ability to motivate and lead a team to provide outstanding guest satisfaction and quality service? Are you pro-active and results oriented and enjoy an environment that cultivates providing consistent exceptional service?
If the answer is YES, Paséa Hotel & Spa is looking for you!
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Cleans all areas of the property's guest rooms according to standards and procedures. Assigned responsibilities typically include changing linens and making beds, cleaning bathrooms, sweeping and dusting guest rooms, emptying trash, maintaining cleanliness of balconies and terraces, cleaning and dusting room furnishings as assigned.
2. Restocks guestroom amenities and literature as needed.
3. Maintains linen closet in a clean, neat and orderly manner. Assists with restocking as assigned.
4. Responds to guest requests pertaining to room cleanliness, amenities and linen to exceed guest satisfaction.
5. Immediately reports any noted repairs or maintenance of guestroom, public areas, or back of the house areas.
6. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
7. Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior
8. Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
9. Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
1. Retrieves, stocks, restocks and stores the housekeeping cart according to prescribed housekeeping, safety and security procedures and regulations.
2. Returns any items found in guest rooms, hallways, or back of the house to the Housekeeping department and logs appropriate information such as the date, where it was found, description of the item, and the name of the person who found it.
3. Cleans all corridors and service areas as assigned.
4. Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any rooms or equipment and any accidents.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. No formal education required.
2. Prior housekeeping experience in a hotel environment preferred.
3. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires general communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
4. Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
5. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
6. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
7. Must complete training on proper disposal/handling of sharps, such as needles, and follow proper procedures. Completes required training as scheduled.
8. Must maintain a clean and appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace. The team member frequently grasps objects. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while performing the essential functions of the job. The team member frequently stoops and crouches. The team member talks occasionally and frequently needs to hear sounds or voices. Many aromas and smells are present in the guest
rooms and other hotel areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing while moving or carrying furniture or equipment. The team member frequently pushes and pulls furniture or equipment. Lifting is regularly required to move,
clean or prepare rooms. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects such as carts, furniture and linens. The team member is required to have visual acuity to
determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned. The team member is subject to environmental conditions found working both inside and outside. The team member is occasionally subject to extreme heat and humidity found
in a laundry facility. The team member is subject to noise produced by vacuums, industrial washers, dryers and other cleaning equipment. There is sufficient noise to cause the team member to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
The team member is regularly exposed to vibration produced by a vacuum cleaner. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, or exposure to cleaning chemicals. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as fumes, odors, or dusts. The team member is exposed to infectious diseases and blood borne pathogens.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Paséa Hotel & Spa is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
|Posted on||19 May 2022|
|Location(s)||Paséa Hotel & Spa - Huntington Beach, CA|
|Career level||Entry Level|
|More details (document)|