Join Our Team
Cook III - Prep Cook
$500 HIRING BONUS
Shift: AM Shift
Tanner's Restaurant at Paséa Hotel & Spa is seeking an efficient and dynamic individual to join our team as a Cook III - Prep Cook!
Named "Best of the Best Hotel Restaurant" by Modern Luxury OC and "The Best Oceanfront Dining" by Elevated Life Magazine, Tanner's Restaurant is the celebrated restaurant located at Paséa Hotel & Spa. The culinary gem features fresh, contemporary coastal cuisine inspired by the diversity of Southern California and blending with it the flavors of renowned surf cultures from around the world. Focusing on locally grown and seasonal ingredients paired with international flavors, Tanner's utilizes innovative culinary techniques to create a uniquely eclectic menu. Showcasing breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean from the indoor and outdoor seating areas, Tanner's also has an extended indoor bar plus a chic Treehouse-style rooftop bar that overlooks the ocean. The restaurant offers guests and locals a playful beach side atmosphere that connects them to the local surf scene while enjoying an unforgettable dining experience. Come join one of the most dynamic teams in Orange County.
Are you an individual who enjoys variety and working in a fast-paced service environment? Do you enjoy working in a team oriented culture where providing outstanding and consistent quality service to others is appreciated? Are you attentive to details and have excellent follow through?
If the answer is YES, Paséa Hotel & Spa is looking for you!
- Prepares food items, such as salads, soups, sauces, meats, and vegetables according to prescribed recipes and guidelines.
- Reads menu to estimate food requirements and requisitions food from storage.
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate/maintain appropriate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roaster and steam kettles.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment such as blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, and knives.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to observe that it is cooked. Uses thermometer to ensure food is cooked/maintained at proper temperature.
- Carves meats, portions food onto serving plates, adds gravies and sauces and garnishes servings.
- Washes, peels, cuts and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
- Follows all standard food handling, sanitation and health department guidelines. Ensures compliance with federal, state, local and company health, and safety.
- Must wear non-slip, oil resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Acts on reports of potential safety issues or whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
- Assists in controlling all food products, leftovers, waste and refrigeration organization.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment, wares, walls, and floors in kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas as directed. Maintains work area in clean and organized manner.
- Prepares work area for next service period, including emptying trash receptacles.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
- Six months prior food prep experience preferred. Culinary degree or training desired.
- Possess a basic knowledge of food preparation, professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, recipes, short correspondence and memos.
- Completes required training as scheduled.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Must know all applicable health standards.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace, maneuvering between activities occurring simultaneously. The team member regularly grasps objects such as plate ware and food trays. The team member frequently feels the temperature of objects such as extremely hot glassware and plate ware. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while serving and performing other essential functions of the job. The team member occasionally stoops, kneels and crouches. The team member frequently talks when communicating with guests and/ or kitchen staff. The team member frequently needs to hear voices while taking orders and interacting with guests and/or kitchen staff. The team member is frequently alerted of a coworker's presence from behind to avoid accidents. The team member tastes all dishes each day to be able to relay menu information to guests and/or servers. Many aromas and smells are present in the kitchen and dining areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing, moving or carrying plates, beverages and food items. The team member occasionally pushes and pulls carts and furniture. Lifting is regularly required to prepare dining areas, serve food and beverages. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move items such as plates, coffee trays and dishes. Frequently transports food or trays while walking. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to prepare and cook food and move around the kitchen. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
The team member is subject to environmental conditions found working inside. The team member is occasionally subject to extreme heat, with temperatures above 100 degrees while moving around in the kitchen. Occasionally subject to extreme cold when working in refrigerated areas. The team member is occasionally subject to loud noise while working in or around the kitchen areas. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to moving mechanical parts, equipment found in kitchens and food service areas, sharp objects, and exposure to cleaning chemicals. Other hazards may include slick floors and hot plate ware or glassware. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as fumes, odors, or dusts. The team member is required to function in crowded or narrow aisles, passageways or work areas in the kitchen.
Paséa Hotel & Spa and Tanner's is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
|Posted on||27 Sep 2022|
|Location(s)||Paséa Hotel & Spa - Huntington Beach, CA|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|Career level||Entry Level, Experienced (non-management)|
|More details (document)|