Join Our Team
Paséa Hotel & Spa is seeking a highly organized, procedural, and dynamic hospitality individual to join our team as a Banquet Manager.
Named one of the "Best New U.S. Coastal Hotels" by Condé Nast Traveler, the oceanfront Paséa Hotel & Spa is a modern oasis with an unrivaled sense of clean, coastal style and comfort. Located in the heart of the vibrant and emerging Huntington Beach community and just steps from the city's iconic pier on USA Today's number one beach in California, Paséa Hotel & Spa provides the perfect beach-goers escape. Discerning world travelers will be welcomed with spacious guest rooms and suites, almost all with ocean views, a celebrated signature restaurant featuring a wood-fired grill, a chic rooftop lounge with panoramic ocean views, an oceanfront pool experience with cabanas and poolside service, and a rejuvenating Balinese-inspired spa. Come join one of the most dynamic teams in Orange County.
Cleans all public areas including entrances, doorways sidewalks, restrooms, restaurants, meeting areas and lobbies. Responsible for the delivery of all facets of floor care,including, but not limited to, carpet cleaning, marble care and restoration, and cleaning and maintaining other hard floor surfaces. Assists Room Attendants with stripping beds and removing linens. Reports damage, mechanical deficiencies, suspicious activities or theft.
- Cleans hotel floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming. Steam cleans or shampoos carpets; strips, seals, finishes, and polishes floors.
- Performs heavy cleaning duties, such as shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing trash.
- Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures and ensure one's safety and the safety of others.
- Assists Room Attendants with stripping beds and removing linens as assigned. Moves linens to and from laundry areas and closets. Restocks guest room supplies and linens.
- In assigned areas, dusts all furniture, pictures and shelves. Polishes wood, marble and other materials in public view. Cleans glass windows, doors and partitions.
- Empties trash receptacles and replaces trash bags. Notifies Housekeeping Management about need to replenish supplies.
- Thoroughly cleans public restrooms, including sinks, toilets, urinals, mirrors, tiles, counters, walls, stalls, vents and/or floors with appropriate cleaning agents as assigned.
- Immediately reports any noted repairs or maintenance of guestroom, public areas, or back of the house areas.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior.
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Prior housekeeping experience in a hotel environment preferred.
- Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion.
- Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Requires general communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Knowledge of various types of flooring found at the property. For example: different types of carpet, stone and hard flooring.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must complete training on proper disposal/handling of sharps, such as needles, and follow proper procedures.
- Must maintain a clean and appearance and professional demeanor.
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace. The team member frequently grasps objects. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while performing the essential functions of the job. The team member frequently stoops and crouches. The team member talks occasionally and frequently needs to hear sounds or voices. Many aromas and smells are present in the guest rooms and other hotel areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing while moving or carrying furniture or equipment. The team member frequently pushes and pulls furniture or equipment. Lifting is regularly required to move, clean or prepare rooms. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move equipment and furniture. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned. The team member is subject to environmental conditions found working both inside and outside. The team member is occasionally subject to extreme heat and humidity found in a laundry facility. The team member is subject to noise produced by vacuums, industrial washers, dryers and other cleaning equipment. There is sufficient noise to cause the team member to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. The team member is frequently exposed to vibration produced by a vacuum cleaner and cleaning equipment. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, or exposure to cleaning chemicals. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as fumes, odors, or dusts. The team member is exposed to infectious diseases and blood borne pathogens.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Paséa Hotel & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
|Posted on||27 Sep 2022|
|Location(s)||Paséa Hotel & Spa - Huntington Beach, CA|
|Career level||Entry Level|
|Hours/Status||Part-time (Less than 30 hours/week)|
|More details (document)|