Join Our Team
In Room Dining Server
Delivers meals and amenities to guestrooms or areas of the hotel within specified times while providing excellent guest service. Inspects guest floors for In-Room service trays and or tables and return them to the In-Room Dining department.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Delivers food, beverage and other amenities to guests in a timely manner using golf cart, hot box cart, or walking with a tray.
2. Sets up food trays with proper settings and condiments and ensures order is complete before leaving the kitchen.
3. Describes all menu items, methods of preparation and prices as needed. Maintains knowledge of all menu items. Upsells food and beverage items to maximize profitability.
4. Processes guest payment transactions accurately and closes out purchases. Balances cash bank and all payment methods with accuracy to sales report. Turns in all tickets, credit card vouchers and monies collected throughout the shift.
5. Follows all standard food handling, sanitation, TIPS and health department guidelines.
6. Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager.
Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
7. Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
1. Ensures minors and intoxicated persons are not served alcoholic beverages. Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior
2. Picks up trays according to department specifications or upon guest request. Completes all assigned cleaning duties, keep all storage areas cleaned and organized. Assist in the cleaning and organization of the In-Room Dining service work stations during and after the shift
3. Completes side work before, during and after shift.
4. Provide guests a high level dining experience, while maintaining a professional distance and staying alert to their needs.
5. Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
6. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add,modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. Prior food service experience desired.
2. Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards of comparable hotel, guest relations and etiquette.
3. Must have a basic knowledge of wine, beer, liquors, waters and drinks served.
4. Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face and telephone interactions. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive
attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
5. Completes required training as scheduled.
6. Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
7. Requires ability to learn and use telephone and POS computer systems used at the hotel.
8. Strong attention to detail. Must be able to remain organized and handle multiple tasks and work under pressure of serving multiple guests at once.
9. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
10. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
11. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must complete TIPS® (Training for Intervention Procedures) alcohol awareness certification as scheduled upon employment. Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment. Requires valid Drivers' license in good standing with clean driving record if required to drive golf cart for deliveries.
12. Must know all applicable health standards. Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, ordinances and regulations and company policy regarding serving alcohol to minors and intoxicated patrons.
13. Must maintain a clean and appearance and professional demeanor.
Hotel Granduca is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
|Posted on||27 Sep 2021|
|Location(s)||Hotel Granduca - West Lake Hills, TX|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|Career level||Entry Level|
|More details (document)|