Join Our Team
Food & Beverage Manager
Manages the Food and Beverage teams in assigned restaurants and Food & Beverage areas to ensure guests receive the highest level of service and quality on a daily and
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Manages subordinate supervisors/lead personnel who supervise team members in the assigned restaurants and/or In-Room Dining. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Responsible for planning department goals and directing team members to achieve results.
2. Monitors day-to-day restaurant operations to ensure standards of product presentation and service exceed guest expectations and meet or exceed property standards. Takes corrective action as needed.
3. Achieves budgeted revenues, controls expenses and maximizes profitability within assigned areas. Utilizes computer programs to analyze forecasts, cost and revenue reports. Makes decisions and takes action based on that
information to maximize profitability. Ensures quality and portion control while minimizing waste or loss of supplies to maintain profitability.
4. Maximizes profitability by optimizing menu prices and selection. Assists in developing and implementing new menu ideas, wine list, pricing and marketing programs.
5. Ensures guests receive outstanding, consistent, exceptional service by circulating through each dining area. Seeks opportunities to improve satisfaction and immediately handles any guest concerns or complaints.
6. Ensures all dining, service and kitchen areas are clean and properly set up. Maintains sufficient inventory of food, supplies and equipment and orders as needed. Participates in weekly/monthly inventories. Prepares and submits liquor and supply orders. Ensures equipment is properly maintained. Ensures compliance with all food and beverage regulations.
7. Monitors SOPs to ensure consistent exceptional service is provided. Assists in developing and updating policies and procedures. Participates in weekly meeting with Food & Beverage Management Team to ensure weekly goals, challenges, and service standards are met. 8. Follows all standard food handling, TIPS, sanitation and health department guidelines.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
1. Approves leave and time away from work within company policy.
2. Responds to guest inquiries and coordinates special arrangements and requests.
3. Assists in developing the annual Food & Beverage budget for assigned area.
4. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to upper management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
5. Ensures that minors and intoxicated persons are not served alcoholic beverages. Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent experience required.
2. Two years management experience in a high volume restaurant required.
3. Possess solid knowledge of restaurant management, service standards of comparable hotel, guest relations and etiquette. Ability and experience in successfully leading and coordinating staff in a high volume, time sensitive
environment. Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides a high level of guest satisfaction.
4. Ability to develop and maintain effective operating and control processes designed to attain maximum operating efficiency while ensuring adherence to established operating criteria.
5. Completes required training as scheduled. 6. Ability to monitor labor as required by anticipating business activity while ensuring that positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
7. Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
8. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
9. Requires working knowledge of MS Office applications and ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel.
10. Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
11. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, team members, guests and the general public. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to communicate with management, team members and guests. Bilingual Spanish a plus.
12. Must be at least 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages. Must complete TABC certification as upon employment. Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
13. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
14. Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Hotel Granduca is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
|Posted on||07 Sep 2021|
|Location(s)||Hotel Granduca - West Lake Hills, TX|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|More details (document)|