Join Our Team
Restaurant Server | NEW RESTAURANT
Are you an individual who enjoys working at a continuous steady pace in a service environment? Do you enjoy working in a team-oriented culture where providing outstanding and consistent quality service to others in appreciated? Are you attentive to details and have excellent follow through?
If the answer is YES, Adams Table, a brand new restaurant targeted to open in September 2021 has an opportunity for you!
Takes accurate orders from customers, enters orders in POS system, makes food recommendations, pairs beverages and clears/cleans tables once the meal has been completed while providing excellent guest service. Upsells food and beverage items to maximize profitability.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Helps guests select food and beverages by presenting menu, offering cocktails
and aperitifs, suggesting courses, explaining the chef's specialties, identifying
appropriate wines and answering food preparation questions.
- Enters orders to POS system and records guests' choices, special dietary needs
and special requests.
- Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
- Processes guest payment transactions accurately and closes out table. Balances
all payment methods with accuracy to sales report.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work areas. Keeps area stocked.
- Prepares room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments,
candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Follows all standard food handling, sanitation, TIPS and health department
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and
Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and
takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require
the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties
that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be
trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel
provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective,
damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager.
Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program
and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential
function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Completes side work before, during and after shift.
- Provide guests a high-level dining experience, while maintaining a professional
distance and staying alert to their needs.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any
equipment and any accidents.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter
to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events,
circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Ensures minors and intoxicated persons are not served alcoholic
Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest
complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- One year food service experience, preferably in a hotel/resort environment.
- Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, hotel service
standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Must have a general knowledge of wine, beer, liquors, waters and drinks served.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions.
Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability
to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor.
Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a
high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to learn and use POS computer systems used at the hotel.
- Strong attention to detail. Must be able to remain organized and handle multiple
tasks and work under pressure of serving multiple guests at once.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read,
write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and
communicate with guests.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be
required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. Must complete TIPS® (Training for Intervention
Procedures) alcohol awareness certification as scheduled upon employment.
Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain
one within 30 days of employment.
- Must know all applicable health standards. Knowledge of federal, state and local
laws, ordinances and regulations and company policy regarding serving alcohol
to minors and intoxicated patrons.
Hyatt Place Phoenix/Downtown is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D
|Posted on||29 Mar 2022|
|Location(s)||Hyatt Place Phoenix/Downtown - Phoenix, AZ|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|Career level||Entry Level|
|More details (document)|