Join Our Team
Building Maintenance Technician
AC Hotel Residence Inn Dallas by the Galleria is seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic individual to join our team as an Engineer.
Are you an individual who enjoying working at a continuous steady pace in a service environment? Do you enjoy working in a team oriented culture where providing outstanding and consistent quality service to others is appreciated? Are you attentive to details and have excellent follow through?
If the answer is YES, AC Hotel Residence Inn Dallas by the Galleria has an opportunity for you!
The position will perform basic maintenance and repair throughout the hotel and primarily performs preventive maintenance in guest rooms, public areas, and front of house as assigned. Specific work areas are assigned as needed to each team member based on skill level, experience and business need and the engineer keeps accurate records on assigned tasks.
- Performs routinely scheduled preventive maintenance (PM) activities throughout property, including guest rooms, grounds, public areas, and meeting rooms. Includes minor repairs and painting. Performs basic maintenance and repairs as assigned based on individual's ability, experience, skill level and training. Escalates unresolved issues to other engineers or management as needed to complete repairs and provide high level of guest satisfaction
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Manager on Duty of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft. Responds to guest and internal requests for service/repair as assigned
- Uses computer to receive work orders and record work performed. Keeps timely and accurate records
- Performs preventive maintenance on tools and maintains all tools and equipment used in performance of the job. Keeps tools orderly and in good working order
- Inspects, maintains, repairs and replaces parts found throughout the property, such as machinery, repair/cleaning of drains, replacing light bulbs and filters, etc.
- General knowledge of technical fields, i.e. carpentry, painting, electrical, etc.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
- General communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction
- Basic computer skills and ability to use computer systems used at the property
- Proper use and knowledge of various types of tools and equipment used in hotel maintenance and repairs
- Additional duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
- One year of related experience desired
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team
- Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while performing the essential functions of the job. The team member frequently stoops and crouches. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing while moving or carrying furniture or equipment. The team member frequently pushes and pulls furniture or equipment. Lifting is regularly required to move furniture and equipment. Exerts up to 70 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of systems and equipment (including inspection.) The team member is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach when performing mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpentry, painting, mechanics. The team member is required to have visual acuity to identify problems and determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
AC Hotel Residence Inn Dallas by the Galleria is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
|Posted on||04 Aug 2022|
|Location(s)||AC Hotel Residence Inn Dallas by the Galleria - Dallas, TX|
|Career level||Entry Level, Experienced (non-management)|
|Hours/Status||Full-time , Part-time (Less than 30 hours/week)|
|More details (document)|