Join Our Team
Tanner's Restaurant, TreeHouse Rooftop Bar and Ninth Island Pool at Paséa Hotel & Spa is seeking enthusiastic, hospitable, and dynamic individuals to join our team as a Bar Back!
Named "Best of the Best Hotel Restaurant" by Modern Luxury OC and "The Best Oceanfront Dining" by Elevated Life Magazine, Tanner's Restaurant is the celebrated restaurant located at Paséa Hotel & Spa. The culinary gem features fresh, contemporary coastal cuisine inspired by the diversity of Southern California and blending with it the flavors of renowned surf cultures from around the world. Focusing on locally grown and seasonal ingredients paired with international flavors, Tanner's utilizes innovative culinary techniques to create a uniquely eclectic menu. Showcasing breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean from the indoor and outdoor seating areas, Tanner's also has an extended indoor bar plus a chic Treehouse-style rooftop bar that overlooks the ocean. The restaurant offers guests and locals a playful beach side atmosphere that connects them to the local surf scene while enjoying an unforgettable dining experience. Come join one of the most dynamic teams in Orange County.
Are you an individual who enjoys variety and working in a fast-paced service environment? Do you enjoy working in a team oriented culture where providing outstanding and consistent quality service to others is appreciated? Are you attentive to details and have excellent follow through?
If the answer is YES, Paséa Hotel & Spa and Pacific Hospitality Group is looking for you!
A Bar Back is responsible providing exceptional customer service, which includes: stocking bars, stations and coolers. Maintaining liquor and bar storage rooms and keeping a clean, orderly, and well-stocked bar.
- Maintains appropriate levels of inventory and supplies by replenishing bar supplies
- Maintains the appearance of bar and lounge areas by cleaning and resetting bars and related areas, stocking and removing glassware and related supplies such as ice, napkins and straws
- Washes all glasses, utensils, and related preparation/serving items by following approved sanitation and safety guidelines
- Properly disposes of recyclables and transports soiled barware to stewarding area
- Follows all standard food handling, sanitation, TIPS and health department guidelines
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job
- Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards of comparable hotel, guest relations and etiquette
- Must have a basic knowledge of wine, beer, liquors, waters and drink preparation.
- Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Must be at least 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages. Must complete TIPS® (Training for Intervention Procedures) alcohol awareness certification as scheduled upon employment.
- Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be flexible in schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
The ideal candidate will have:
- Prior bar experience desired
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, use hands to reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must be able to lift/move and exert around 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move items such as liquor bottles, cases of beer, kegs, plateware and glassware. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The team member is subject to environmental conditions found working both inside and outside. The team member is frequently subject to loud voices, noises, or music when working in or around the kitchen and work areas.
Paséa Hotel & Spa is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
|Posted on||11 Jan 2022|
|Location(s)||Paséa Hotel & Spa - Huntington Beach, CA|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|Career level||Entry Level, Experienced (non-management)|
|Hours/Status||Part-time (Less than 30 hours/week)|
|More details (document)|