Join Our Team
Overview of Massage Therapist Position:
Come join our team as a Massage Therapist! Great benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, vacation and sick time, complimentary parking and employee meal, discounts at great hotels around the US, and more!
The Spa Provider is the heart of the spa experience, therefore providing an exceptional service is a must. We are seeking a positive individual who is a master of their craft, maintains a superior level of customer service, and acts as an ambassador for the spa experience.
Duties & Responsibilities Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Provides consistent professional massage modalities and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices to male and female guests. Develops an appropriate treatment plan based on the guest's needs and requests. Does not provide medical advice.
- Provides the highest level of customer satisfaction by listening and understanding guests' needs and desires. Maintains and expands the patronage of spa and salon by actively promoting/upselling additional treatments, services and retail products. Maintains knowledge of other services and amenities of the property. Explains features and benefits of spa products, treatments and services to guests. Provides answers to pre-treatment and post-treatment questions.
- Manages time efficiently to maintain tight schedule, prepare for guests and execute all treatments. Monitors schedule to minimize delays.
- Demonstrates respect, sensitivity and concern for guests' needs in a professional manner. Maintains strict confidentiality according to department procedures and guidelines. Follows proper draping procedures and Blood Borne pathogen procedures at all times.
- Uses computer systems to accurately enter information, chart and document each guest seen.
- Must wear slip-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Complies with room set up and sanitation procedures, inventory and linens guidelines. Assists in maintaining cleanliness and restocking of all treatment rooms.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management. Ensures all guest communications are in compliance with Spa department and hotel standards. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events or circumstances, inappropriate guest behavior, missing items, or alleged theft. Ensures safety of guests at all times when performing treatments. Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of any problems, potential safety issues, adverse reactions, or unusual situations so prompt corrective action may be taken. Communicates with other departments and staff to fulfill guest needs. 3. May take lead role during absence of management.
- Improves job knowledge by attending training sessions as instructed. 5. Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents. Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- Valid Texas Massage Therapy license with TDLR is required.
- Three to five years of experience as a licensed Massage Therapist in similar environment (i.e. spa, hotel, med spa, or resort) desired. Must successfully complete a skills assessment if conducted at the spa.
- Experience and confidence in Swedish, Deep Tissue, and Hot Stones mandatory. Additional training in Sports, Prenatal, and other modalities is a plus. Understands contraindication for massage therapy. Trained and certified in all other basic massage techniques. Must be able to perform all massage treatments offered by the spa for both men and women.
- Must maintain current State, County, City or other required Massage Therapist licenses/permits. Must provide valid original copy of license/permits as required by Spa and/or State law. Valid CPR certificate or willingness and ability to obtain one may be required.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guest through use of the phone, computer and face-to-face interactions. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Completes all training and continuing education as required.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Requires ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel. Working knowledge and skills of computer operation required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must know all applicable health standards.
- Must maintain a clean and appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job the team member constantly stands for sustained periods of time and frequently walks from one work area to another. While performing the duties of the job the team member constantly uses hands and fingers to provide massage and body treatments and operate a computer. The team member frequently grasps objects. The team member perceives attributes of objects and individuals, such as size, shape, muscle attributes, temperature or texture by touching skin. The team member frequently reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. The team member makes substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The team member occasionally ascends/descends stairs. The team member constantly stoops, bends and crouches. The team member talks constantly and needs to hear sounds and voices. Many aromas and smells are present in the spa treatment rooms and other hotel and spa areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, moving about, and standing while providing treatment or preparing rooms. The team member frequently uses pushing and pulling motions while providing treatment or preparing treatment areas. Lifting is regularly required to move, clean or prepare rooms. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently while providing treatments/massage, preparing room and moving objects. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to enter data and view a computer terminal. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned and make observations about the guests served and spa facilities. The team member is primarily subject to inside environmental conditions. Depending on treatment type and treatment area may be exposed to areas and materials that are very cold (i.e. 30 degrees) or very hot (i.e. 110 degrees) for prolonged periods of time. The noise level is primarily quiet. The team member may be subject to vibration. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to electrical current found in spa related equipment and areas. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric conditions such as perfumes, odors, or dusts. The team member is subject to oils and fluids typically used in massage and body treatments. Also subject to items used to clean the treatment area and equipment. The team member is required to function in small work areas. The team member may be exposed to infectious diseases.
Hotel Granduca is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D.
|Posted on||08 Jul 2022|
|Location(s)||Hotel Granduca - West Lake Hills, TX|
|Career level||Experienced (non-management)|
|Hours/Status||Full-time , Part-time (Less than 30 hours/week)|
|More details (document)|