Join Our Team
Welcomes and warmly greets guests on arrival. Answers telephone, takes reservations and manages the efficient and timely seating of guests to a table that best serves their
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Greets guests upon arrival and seats them at their table. Provides them a menu and provides general information about the restaurants and meal options at the
2. Prepares/maintains a list of guests waiting to be seated. Records guest name and number of guests in party. Provides estimate of waiting time. Notifies party when table comes available. Accommodates special seating requests when possible while balancing customer flow at tables. Keeps supervisor informed about guest counts and wait times.
3. Provides seated guests a menu and introduces them to server as they are seated. Inspects table for proper presentation and completeness and notifies server of any missing items.
4. Checks in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages. Thanks guests as they depart and invites them to return at a future date.
5. Cleans work areas and waiting areas according to department standards. 6. Follows all standard food handling, sanitation and health department guidelines.
7. Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be
trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
8. Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
1. Answers telephone and assists guests by recording reservations, providing information about menu options, and restaurant location. Responds to guest inquiries about the property and location of key areas such as restrooms, lobby, other food/beverage establishments, etc.
2. Remains aware of current house count, visiting VIP's, and hotel events to provide excellent service.
3. Assists service staff by running food, refilling beverages and bussing tables in dining room if needed.
4. Ensures menus, check presenters and wine lists are kept clean and in good condition. Maintains cleanliness of work areas and hostess stand throughout the day. Makes silverware rollups throughout the shift. Checks the restroom and perimeter of the restaurant regularly for cleanliness and reports any needs to housekeeping staff.
5. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
6. Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior.
Hotel Granduca is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
|Posted on||27 Sep 2021|
|Location(s)||Hotel Granduca - West Lake Hills, TX|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|Career level||Entry Level|
|Hours/Status||Part-time (Less than 30 hours/week)|
|More details (document)|