Join Our Team
Line Cook- FT
Are you an individual who enjoys variety and working in a fast-paced service environment? Do you enjoy working in a team oriented culture where providing outstanding and consistent quality service to others is appreciated? Are you attentive to details and have excellent follow through?
If the answer is YES, Adams Table is looking for you to join our team!
- Assigns tasks, shares management and customer expectations and provides training and direction to assigned staff.
- Supports an environment of high efficiency, quality and customer service.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of all menus, recipes, food quality standards and regulations.
- Assists with overseeing production for line operation.
- Organizes the day's prepping for the cooks and restaurant, supervises line set-up and prepping.
- Monitors labor and makes recommendations to adjust staffing depending on needs of the restaurants.
- Assist in directing and correcting the presentation and portioning of food.
- Ensures food leaves the kitchen simultaneously and in a timely fashion, is of high quality, and is prepared according to order.
- Oversees and participates in preparation of food items, such as salads, soups, sauces, meats, and vegetables according to prescribed recipes and guidelines.
- Bakes, roasts, broils and steams meats, fish, vegetables and other foods. Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking, according to recipe and adjusts as needed.
- Reads menu to estimate food requirements and requisitions food from storage.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked and uses thermometer to ensure food is cooked and maintained at proper temperature.
- Carves meats, portions food onto serving plates, adds gravies and sauces and garnishes servings.
- Follows all standard food handling, sanitation and health department guidelines. Ensures compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Must wear non-slip, oil resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Acts on reports of potential safety issues or whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws required the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Two years prior restaurant food prep experience required.
- Culinary degree or training desired.
- Prior lead or supervisory experience desired.
- Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of restaurant food preparation, professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guest through verbal face-to-face interactions.
- Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Requires communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as recipes, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace, maneuvering between activities occurring simultaneously. The team member regularly grasps objects such as plate ware and food trays. The team member frequently feels the temperature of objects such as extremely hot glassware and plate ware. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while serving and performing other essential functions of the job. The team member occasionally stoops, kneels and crouches. The team member frequently talks when communicating with guests and/or kitchen staff. The team member frequently needs to hear voices while taking orders and interacting with guests and/or kitchen staff. The team member is frequently alerted of a coworker's presence from behind to avoid accidents. The team member tastes all dishes each day to be able to relay menu information to guests and/or servers. Many aromas and smells are present in the kitchen and dining areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing, moving or carrying plates, beverages and food items. The team member occasionally pushes and pulls carts and furniture. Lifting is regularly required to prepare dining areas, serve food and beverages. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move items such as plates, coffee trays and dishes. Frequently transports food or trays while walking. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to prepare and cook food and move around the kitchen. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
The team member is subject to environmental conditions found working inside. The team member is occasionally subject to extreme heat, with temperatures above 100 degrees while moving around in the kitchen. Occasionally subject to extreme cold when working in refrigerated areas. The team member is occasionally subject to loud noise while working in or around the kitchen areas. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to moving mechanical parts, equipment found in kitchens and food service areas, sharp objects, and exposure to cleaning chemicals. Other hazards may include slick floors and hot plate ware or glassware. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as fumes, odors, or dusts. The team member is required to function in crowded or narrow aisles, passageways or work areas in the kitchen.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Hyatt Place Phoenix Downtown is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D
|Posted on||03 Oct 2022|
|Location(s)||Hyatt Place Phoenix/Downtown - Phoenix, AZ|
|Career level||Entry Level|
|More details (document)|