Join Our Team
Are you an individual who enjoys variety and working in a fast-paced service environment? Do you enjoy working in a team-oriented culture where providing outstanding and consistent quality service to others is appreciated? Are you attentive to details and have excellent follow through?
If the answer is YES, AC Hotel by Marriott Phoenix Tempe/Downtown, has an opportunity for you!
- Supervises Adams Table team to ensure guests receive the highest level of service and quality on a daily and consistent basis. Takes or recommends corrective action as needed.
- Interviews and trains team members. Recommends applicants for selection.
- Plans, assigns, and directs work. May set work schedules. Recommends performance ratings. Recommends merit increases, promotions, and reclassification. Determines work quality expectations and sets deadlines.
- Works to achieve budgeted revenues, controls expenses, and maximizes profitability within assigned areas. Maximizes profitability by minimizing waste and analyzing forecasts, cost, and revenue reports.
- Circulates through each dining area to seek opportunities to improve satisfaction. Immediately handles any guest concerns or complaints.
- Ensures all dining, service and kitchen areas are clean and properly set up. Maintains sufficient inventory of food, supplies, and equipment and orders as needed. Participates in weekly/monthly inventories.
- May prepare and submit liquor and supply orders.
- Ensures equipment is properly maintained. Ensures compliance with all food and beverage regulations.
- Assists in developing and updating policies and procedures. Participates in weekly meeting with Food & Beverage Management Team to ensure weekly goals, challenges, and service standards are met.
- Follows all standard food handling, TIPS, sanitation, and health department guidelines.
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve emergency situations. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reports to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis).
- Responds to guest inquiries and coordinates special arrangements and requests.
- Ensures that minors and intoxicated persons are not served alcoholic beverages. Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication, or disruptive behavior.
**Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
- One to two years of increasingly responsible food and beverage experience in hotel environment required. Prior supervisory experience desired.
- Ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Ability to monitor labor as required by anticipating business activity while ensuring that positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Completes required training as scheduled.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guests during busy activity periods.
- Requires ability to learn and use POS computer systems used at the hotel.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to communicate with management, team members and guests. Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends, and alternate shifts.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages. Must complete TIPS® (Training for Intervention Procedures) alcohol awareness certification as scheduled upon employment. Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace, maneuvering between functions occurring simultaneously. The team member regularly grasps objects such as plateware and glassware.
The team member frequently feels the temperature of objects such as hot plateware. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while serving and performing other essential functions of the job. The team member frequently talks when communicating with guests, dining and kitchen staff. The team member frequently needs to hear voices while interacting with guests and staff. Many aromas and smells are present in the kitchen and dining areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing, moving or carrying plates, beverages and food items. Lifting is occasionally required to prepare dining areas and serve food and beverages. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move items such as plates, coffee trays and dishes. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to operate a computer. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work areas. The team member is subject to environmental conditions found working both inside and outside. The team member is occasionally subject to extreme heat, with temperatures above 100 degrees while moving around in the kitchen or performing duties while outside temperatures are high. Occasionally subject to extreme cold when working in refrigerated areas. The team member is occasionally subject to loud noise (or music) when working in or around the kitchen and dining areas. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to moving mechanical parts, equipment found in kitchens and food service areas, sharp objects, and exposure to cleaning chemicals. Other hazards may include slick floors and hot plateware or glassware. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as fumes, odors, or dusts. The team member is required to function in crowded or narrow aisles, passageways or work areas in the kitchen and dining/banquet areas.
Hyatt Place Phoenix Downtown is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D
|Posted on||29 Mar 2022|
|Location(s)||AC Hotel Phoenix Tempe/Downtown - Tempe, AZ|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|Career level||Experienced (non-management)|
|More details (document)|