Join Our Team
Corporate Sales Operations Manager | Irvine
The Corporate Sales Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring property sales teams (Director of Sales, Sales Manager, etc.) are designed, trained and have the tools and knowledge to operate at peak levels.
This role will work closely with on-property and above-property sales personnel, Global Sales, the Area Regional Directors, Marketing and Brand Management to ensure properties are maximizing their performance.
The Manager will play a critical role in ensuring 1) sales teams for new properties are set-up for success and the strategies being deployed to drive revenue are optimal and 2) sales teams for existing properties are leveraging all the tools and processes available to them to succeed.
What you will do:
- Property Ramp-Up Support
- This would include, but is not limited to: Sales Operational training, training on Business Case and RFP processes, leveraging Hotelligence, utilizing reader board services, understanding the Global Sales organization's roles and responsibilities, understanding PHG Independent & Brand positioning, etc. Employee will be a point of contact for all sales process and training related questions.
- Responsible for integrating with Sales Planning to ensure the property has all the market intelligence (demand generators and opportunity gap), including RFP inclusion, to support the property's creation of their Sales and Marketing plan.
- Responsible for partnering with Director, PHG Field Sales and the property to align on a Sales plan for PHG's Field & Global sellers that ties to the property's segmented budget.
- Responsible for work with the Property Sales and above sales teams to provide strategic sales support, as needed, to ensure the strategic approach to maximize revenue is optimal.
- Responsible for communicating relevant Global Sales initiatives, changes, etc. to property sales leadership (e.g., Lanyon, Delphi tool usage).
- Responsible for establishing a process and performing Sales Audits.
- Responsible for establishing and executing on a communications plan to share best practices across the portfolio, including cross selling opportunities.
Additional responsibilities: Will work closely with Corporate Director of Sales to identify and provide strategic sales support to improve overall property performance. This would include identifying action items and resources needed to execute special projects.
Participate on project team's representing the PHG Sales Operations discipline.
The following are examples of what might be included: Group Value Proposition- establish the training needed to optimize this segment for PHG Sales Technology support- work with the Brands Project Initiative leader to drive initiatives surrounding revenue performance, i.e. cross-sell program.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience required.
- 5+ years of hotel sales experience is required, with demonstrated increasing levels of leadership responsibility and oversight in the hotel environment is required.
- Full-service hotel or multi-brand sales experience, selling in multiple market segments required.
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Excellent project management skills. Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to work and collaborate with multiple disciplines to solve for opportunities.
- Ability to negotiate and strategize from a brand perspective, exhibiting a sense of urgency to bring to market.
- Ability to map and understand the entire sales process and related systems along with correlated KPI's.
- NSA, transient, and group sales experience are all strongly preferred.
- Ability to assess, interpret and provide insight into sales trends for maximum penetration into the various markets is required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule; significant travel is required (+/- 50% of the time.)
- Must be able to uphold PHG's MBM Guiding Values & Performance Principles of Integrity, Compliance, Value Creation, Principled Entrepreneurship, Customer Focus, Knowledge, Change, Humility, Respect, and Fulfillment.
|Posted on||12 Jul 2022|
|Location(s)||Corporate Office - Irvine, CA|
|Department||Sales & Marketing|
|More details (document)|