Join Our Team
Come join our team as a Spa Attendant! Great benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, vacation and sick time, complimentary parking and employee meal, discounts at great hotels around the US, and more!
Welcomes and attends to all Spa guests. Ensures overall cleanliness and appearance and supplies all Spa areas according to department procedures and standards to exceed guest satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Warmly greets and welcomes guests upon arrival. Provides general spa orientation and offers guest amenities such as water, robes, towels, slippers, refreshments, etc. Answers general questions about property and amenities. May escort guests to/from treatment rooms.
- Maintains cleanliness of reception areas, treatment rooms, sauna and steam rooms, restrooms, spa/salon locker room, fitness center, and lounge areas. Disposes of trash and dirty linens in the proper area. Stocks towels, linens, supplies, and amenities in the locker room, lounge areas, and hospitality stations.
- Maintains linen closet in a clean, neat and orderly manner. Assists with restocking as assigned.
- Responds to guest requests pertaining to spa cleanliness, amenities and linen to exceed guest satisfaction.
- Immediately reports any noted repairs or maintenance of spa or public areas.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft. Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS. 8. Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Prepares coffee and other beverages as assigned. Arranges for restocking of used items. Serves spa lunches, beverages or snacks as needed. Straightens magazines and ensures flower arrangements are fresh with clean water.
- Retrieves, stocks, restocks and stores the housekeeping cart according to prescribed housekeeping, safety and security procedures and regulations.
- Returns any items found in lockers, treatment rooms, hallways, etc. to the Spa department and logs appropriate information such as the date, where it was found, description of the item, and the name of the person who found it.
- Cleans all corridors, pool and service areas as assigned.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any rooms or equipment and any accidents.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- No formal education required.
- Prior housekeeping experience in a hotel spa environment preferred.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guest through use of the phone, computer and face-to-face interactions. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Completes all training and continuing education as required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must complete training on proper disposal/handling of sharps, such as needles, and follow proper procedures. Completes required training as scheduled.
- Must maintain a clean and appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace. The team member frequently grasps objects. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while performing the essential functions of the job. The team member frequently stoops and crouches. The team member talks occasionally and frequently needs to hear sounds or voices. Many aromas and smells are present in and around the spa and other hotel areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing while moving or carrying furniture or equipment. The team member frequently pushes and pulls furniture or equipment. Lifting is regularly required to move, Spa Attendant Template Final 5-25-2016.docx Page 3 of 3 clean or prepare rooms. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects such as carts, furniture and linens. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned. The team member is subject to environmental conditions found working both inside and outside. The team member is frequently subject to extreme heat and humidity found in a spa and may be exposed to areas and materials that are very cold (i.e. 30 degrees) or very hot (i.e. 110 degrees) for prolonged periods of time. The team member is subject to noise produced by vacuums, industrial washers, dryers and other cleaning equipment. There is occasionally sufficient noise to cause the team member to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. The team member is regularly exposed to vibration produced by a vacuum cleaner. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, or exposure to cleaning chemicals. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as fumes, odors, or dusts. The team member is exposed to infectious diseases and blood borne pathogens.
Hotel Granduca is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D.
|Posted on||08 Jul 2022|
|Location(s)||Hotel Granduca - West Lake Hills, TX|
|Career level||Entry Level|
|More details (document)|