Join Our Team
Sous Chef - Tanner's Restaurant
Tanner's Restaurant at Paséa Hotel & Spa is seeking a dynamic culinary creative to join our team as a Sous Chef.
Named "Best of the Best Hotel Restaurant" by Modern Luxury OC and "The Best Oceanfront Dining" by Elevated Life Magazine, Tanner's Restaurant is the celebrated restaurant located at Paséa Hotel & Spa. The culinary gem features fresh, contemporary coastal cuisine inspired by the diversity of Southern California and blending with it the flavors of renowned surf cultures from around the world. Focusing on locally grown and seasonal ingredients paired with international flavors, Tanner's utilizes innovative culinary techniques to create a uniquely eclectic menu. Showcasing breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean from the indoor and outdoor seating areas, Tanner's also has an extended indoor bar plus a chic Treehouse-style rooftop bar that overlooks the ocean. The restaurant offers guests and locals a playful beach side atmosphere that connects them to the local surf scene while enjoying an unforgettable dining experience. Come join one of the most dynamic teams in Orange County.
Are you an individual who enjoys variety and working in a fast-paced service environment? Do you enjoy working in a team oriented culture where providing outstanding and consistent quality service to others is appreciated? Are you attentive to details and have excellent follow through?
If the answer is YES, Tanner's Restaurant and Pacific Hospitality Group is looking for you!
Responsible for planning and directing food preparation in assigned Food & Beverage area(s) to ensure guests receive the highest level of service and quality on a daily and consistent basis.
- Manages subordinate team members responsible for restaurant food preparation.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of staff.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work as needed.
- Monitors day-to-day kitchen operations to ensure standards of product presentation and service exceed guest expectations and meet or exceed property standards.
- Works to achieve budgeted revenues, controls expenses and maximizes profitability within assigned areas.
- Monitors SOPs to ensure consistent exceptional food is provided. Participates in weekly meetings with Culinary Management Team to ensure weekly goals, challenges, and food standards are met.
- Follows all standard food handling, TIPS, sanitation and health department guidelines. Ensures compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws required the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Completion of an approved Culinary Program or Apprenticeship. Associates degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- Two years increasingly responsible culinary experience in hotel environment required. Prior supervisory experience desired.
- Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Ability to monitor labor as required by anticipating business activity while ensuring that positions are staffed when and as needed.
- Completes required training as scheduled.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Requires ability to learn and use POS computer systems used at the hotel.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, team members, guests and the general public.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to communicate with management, team members and guests. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 3 days of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace, maneuvering between functions occurring simultaneously. The team member regularly grasps objects such as cookware, knives, plate ware and glassware. The team member frequently feels the temperature of objects such as hot stoves and cookware. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while serving and performing other essential functions of the job. The team member occasionally stoops, kneels and crouches. The team member frequently talks when communicating with guests, dining and kitchen staff. The team member frequently needs to hear voices while interacting with guests and staff. Many aromas and smells are present in the kitchen and dining areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing, moving or carrying cookware, plate ware, and food items. Lifting is regularly required when preparing and cooking food. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move items such as plates, coffee trays and dishes. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to prepare and cook food and move around the kitchen. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work areas.
The team member is occasionally subject to extreme heat, with temperatures up to 100 degrees while moving around in the kitchen. Occasionally subject to extreme cold when working in refrigerated areas. The team member is occasionally subject to loud noise when working in or around the kitchen areas. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to moving mechanical parts, equipment found in kitchens and food service areas, sharp objects, and exposure to cleaning chemicals. Other hazards may include slick floors and hot stoves, cookware, plate ware or glassware. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as fumes, odors, or dusts. The team member is required to function in crowded or narrow aisles, passageways or work areas in the kitchen and dining areas.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Paséa Hotel & Spa is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
|Posted on||11 Jan 2022|
|Location(s)||Paséa Hotel & Spa - Huntington Beach, CA|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|More details (document)|