Join Our Team
Serves as a technical resource and advisor for all Pacific Hospitality Group (PHG) hotel systems. Property based within market; the successful candidate is a highly motivated, dedicated, personable, flexible, and experienced technology professional. The candidate must be able to work independently as well as lead property technology initiatives on multiple projects. The IT Manager is responsible for managing day to day IT support requests or special projects.
Through the deployment and management of technology, this position will improve hotel operations, PCI compliance, data compliance, network security, hotel systems (POS, Spa, Key Systems, Video on Demand, Wi-Fi), to provide the highest level of guest satisfaction. In collaboration with hotel leadership, they will set the IT mission and develop, execute, and direct the company's strategic and operational IT plans.
Aside from a strong technological background. The ideal candidate will possess an enthusiastic commitment to delivering world-class technology solutions, all while providing the highest level of customer service with a dedication to consumer advocacy.
- Ensures all technologies are proactively maintained and work reliably 24/7 at all PHG properties.
- PCI Compliance (assessment, remediation, implementation, management) through industry best practices.
- Proven troubleshooting, project management, and budgeting skills.
- Installs and configures hardware devices, software packages, and peripheral equipment according to company policies.
- Responsible for aligning business objectives with team members and management, serving as a point of escalation for IT issues that may affect our company.
- Configures security settings or access permissions as assigned. Follows strict privacy rules when handling sensitive or confidential data.
- Communicates and collaborates with other departments to troubleshoot and resolve software, hardware, and operations issues.
- Explains highly technical information to both technical and non-technical users.
- Implements and audits security configurations and protocols.
- Ensures software patch releases and best practices are used throughout the company.
- Provides support for enterprise deployments of new technology solutions and systems.
- Provides on-call after hours support on a rotating schedule with other engineers.
- Ensures change management process is followed for all changes impacting our environment.
- Instills client confidence in our infrastructure, processes, and personnel.
- Support internal (Corporate) and external (Property) customers, some of whom may require a high level of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger or dissatisfaction with their computer or system.
- Performs all other job-related tasks as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years in progressive experience in IT, Project Management, Business Analysis, or related field.
- Hotel experience is preferred.
- Experience supporting computers (Mac and PC) in a networked environment, Windows Servers, Cloud technology, Web applications & SaaS, E-mail systems, Anti-Virus, etc.
- Microsoft Windows 7 / 10, and Server 2008, 2012, 2016.
- VMware ESXi and virtualization knowledge or concepts.
- SAN and enterprise storage knowledge.
- Local Area Network (LAN) fundamentals, topologies, and remote access troubleshooting. Knowledge of Network Interface (NIC) Cards, switches, and cabling; fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware, and other equipment in a networked environment.
- VoIP and Analog Voice communications systems.
- Understanding of the OSI Model.
- Commonly used software systems such as Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Visio, and Project).
- Expert ability in operating, installing, maintaining, configuring, and troubleshooting a variety of highly technical computers, local and wide area network equipment, servers, and peripherals.
- Extensive knowledge in systems analysis and information system concepts, techniques, and operating principles.
- Knowledge of program specification, designing, testing, and prototyping.
- Strong customer-oriented focus in providing technology services.
- Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with employees and guests of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds for the purpose of resolving problems/complaints and providing a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to travel to hotel sites for long term projects (5%).
- Ability to travel daily to hotel sites within the region (5-10%).
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Certificates and Licenses:
Certified Hospitality Technology Professional (CHTP), MCSA, MCSE, CCENT, CCNA, CompTIA A+, Network +, Security +, or comparable preferred.
Four-year college or university degree in IT or related field. A minimum of four years' experience working in information systems. Experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
The Hotel Granduca is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
|Posted on||27 Aug 2021|
|Location(s)||Hotel Granduca - West Lake Hills, TX|
|Department||IT & Telecommunications|
|More details (document)|