Join Our Team
Tasting Room Associate | Napa
Responsible for generating wines sales, club memberships and customer data collection via hospitality, education and sales presentations to winery and hotel guests. Working in partnership with co-workers and management to develop memorable guest experiences and meet or exceed sales revenue and membership goals. Perform duties in accordance with The Meritage Resort at Napa and Trinitas Cellars standards.
Responsibilities: To include but not limited to the assigned duties:
- Exceed guest expectations.
- Read, understand and adhere to the employee handbook.
- Read, understand and adhere to the safety manual.
- Must have consistent communication with the Trinitas Tasting Room Manager
- Possess thorough knowledge of equipment in your department.
- Possess thorough knowledge of featured wines, wineries and retail items
- Accurately provide and document all pertinent information regarding customer inquires, billing, shipping, pricing, event information, and job related functions
- Process shipping orders, invoicing, and customer data base
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills
- Open & close the tasting room
- Count and do inventory in the tasting room when needed
- Ability to be flexible to take on additional hours if needed in the tasting room and change schedules to cover shifts when needed
- Self motivated with the ability to proactively address issues with minimal supervision
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Publisher and basic internet skills & Register POS System
- Follow Lost & Found procedures.
- Notify engineer through work order program of equipment failure or necessary repairs.
- Observe all departmental rules, regulations, and dress code.
- Use 10/5 Rule: Make Eye Contact within 10 feet, Smile within 5 feet, Greet upon contact.
- Demonstrate teamwork responsiveness when asked to do any task consistent with winery standards.
- Maintain strict compliance of hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program, and be familiarized with current MSDS.
- Achieving and maintaining quality presentation in all public and back of the house areas at all times.
- Ensure safety and security throughout the hotel/winery.
- Maintaining all exterior grounds, parking areas, and public access areas.
- Adhere to all relevant cleaning policies and procedures.
- Be professional and hospitable to all guests and employees.
- Report any discrepancies in Tasting room as soon as possible.
- Be professional and hospitable to all guests and fellow employees.
- Notify Tasting Room Manager or Manager on Duty with any emergencies.
- In emergency situations assist all other departments or assist where deemed necessary by the General Manager or Fire Chief.
- To assist in other departments and in other situations as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Calling customers for sales or updated information on their account if necessary.
- Work at winery events when necessary.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on wines and changes in procedures.
- Working both behind the bar in the tasting room, as well as, in small or large private groups and on special tours and tastings.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand for extended periods of time and occasionally required to sit, walk, push, pull, bend, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move a case of wine weighing up to 45 pounds. (If over 45 pounds, you must seek assistance) Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Noise is consistent with the operation of some equipment used.
|Posted on||04 Jan 2022|
|Location(s)||Trinitas Cellars - Napa, CA|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|Career level||Experienced (non-management)|
|Hours/Status||Part-time (Less than 30 hours/week), On-call|
|More details (document)|