Join Our Team
Are you passionate about mixing and serving great cocktails, educating guests about wine and pairing it all with mouthwatering dishes? Are you a team-oriented individual who enjoys a fast paced environment? Are you enthusiastic, open to change and quality driven?
If the answer is YES, Hotel Granduca is looking for you!
Prepares and services beverages for servers and guests in a speedy, efficient, friendly, and professional manner by following standard recipes for traditional cocktails and specialty drinks.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Prepares drinks for the guests and servers following standard recipes for cocktails and specialty drinks and practicing prudent portion control.
- Provides guests a fun and high-energy environment with the best possible dining experience, while maintaining a professional distance. Upholds high service standards of resort/hotel.
- Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis including requisitioning and stocking liquor, beer, wine, juices, soft drinks, garnishments, condiments and glassware. Opens and closes bar according to standard operating procedures.
- Describes wines, beers and spirits served and make recommendations as requested. Upsells food and beverage items to maximize profitability. Works with guests to accommodate special requests and dietary needs.
- Handles cash, charge, room and credit card transactions accurately and in accordance with company policies and procedures. Balances the bank at end of each shift and calculates tip outs.
- Follows all standard food handling, sanitation, TIPS and health department guidelines.
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Maintains the cleanliness of the bar area by disposing of all waste, clearing and cleaning all glassware, and wiping down bar.
- Ensures that minors and intoxicated persons are not served alcoholic beverages. Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior
- Provides opening and closing inventory of spirits. Fills out requisitions and all necessary paperwork throughout each shift.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- Two years bartending experience, preferably in a hotel/resort environment.
- Possess a strong knowledge of food and beverage preparation, hotel service standards, guest relations and etiquette. Maintains extensive knowledge of all menu and bar items.
- Must have extensive knowledge of wine, beer, liquors, waters and drink preparation.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Completes required training as scheduled.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Requires ability to learn and use telephone and POS computer systems used at the hotel.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages. Must complete TIPS® (Training for Intervention Procedures) alcohol awareness certification as scheduled upon employment. Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Must know all applicable health standards. Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, ordinances and regulations and company policy regarding serving alcohol to minors and intoxicated patrons.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace, maneuvering between activities occurring simultaneously. The team member frequently grasps objects such as liquor bottles and glassware. The team member frequently feels the temperature of objects such as extremely hot glassware and plateware. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while serving and performing other essential functions of the job. The team member occasionally stoops, kneels and crouches when stocking bars and coolers. The team member frequently talks when communicating with guests and kitchen. The team member frequently needs to hear voices while taking orders and interacting with guests. The team member occasionally needs to taste to make sure drinks are not too strong and have the right flavor. Many aromas and smells are present in the kitchen and dining areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing, moving or carrying plates, beverages and food items. The team member occasionally pushes and pulls carts and furniture. Lifting is regularly required to prepare serving areas, stock and restock bar, and serve food and beverages. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move items such as liquor bottles, cases of beer, kegs, plateware and glassware. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to perform the job such as detecting glassware that does not meet cleanliness standards, reading liquor labels, using the POS system, reading state issued identification cards, and assuring accurate pours. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
The team member is subject to environmental conditions found working both inside and outside. The team member is occasionally subject to extreme heat, with temperatures above 100 degrees while moving around in the kitchen or performing duties while outside temperatures are high. Occasionally subject to extreme cold when working in refrigerated areas. The team member is frequently subject to loud voices, noises, or music when working in or around the kitchen and work areas. The team member is occasionally subject to vibration when working in environment where games occur or loud music is played. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to moving mechanical parts, equipment found in kitchens and food service areas, sharp objects, and exposure to cleaning chemicals. Other hazards may include slick floors and hot plateware or glassware. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as fumes, odors, or dusts. Will handle fruits during garnish and beverage preparation. The team member is required to function in crowded or narrow aisles, passageways or work areas in the kitchen and dining areas.
Hotel Granduca is an Equal Opportunity M/F/V/D
|Posted on||13 Oct 2021|
|Location(s)||Hotel Granduca - West Lake Hills, TX|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|Career level||Entry Level|
|Hours/Status||Part-time (Less than 30 hours/week)|
|More details (document)|